These are general instructions for dynamically passing back revenue recorded for each sale. If you work with a particular e-commerce platform, check if we have your platform listed in Platform Integrations.
AdRoll Convert helps you retarget with people who interact with your business online.
Use AdRoll Convert to:
- Bring back visitors who didn’t convert.
- Run promotions.
- Let existing customers know what’s new.
- Grow brand awareness.
- We can currently set up your reporting in US Dollars (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound Sterling (GBP), Australian Dollars (AUD), and Japanese Yen (JPY).
- If you specify a different currency for enhanced conversion tracking than what is set as your default, revenue tracked will be converted to your default currency setting based on daily exchange rates.
- If no currency code is specified, reporting defaults to USD.
How it works
It all starts with a cookie. Think of a website that you have an account with — for example, AdRoll. Have you ever noticed that once you’ve signed in, you don’t have to sign in again the next time you visit on that same browser? That’s all thanks to the magic of cookies: tiny data packets stored in your browser that turn the Internet into your Internet.
That’s how retargeting works. When someone visits your website, your AdRoll Pixel places a cookie in their browser. As long as that cookie remains in their browser, we’ll recognize that they’ve been to your website and help you reconnect.
AdRoll defaults to reporting revenue values in USD. To report revenue values in a custom currency, replace “USD” with the three-letter code that represents your desired currency in the script.
Adroll Conversion Tracking Code
Step 1: Add the following code into thetag. You can add it in template files or Google Analytics Settings box as well.